BUILD YOUR OWN HOUSE! Home * Site Menu *Ask Ailsa * At Home with Ailsa * Photo Gallery *Recipes * Tips * Carbon Monoxide Detector * Home Improvement Shopping * 10 Tips to Sell Your House Faster! * Mortgages & Other Financial Stuff! * Real Estate * Home Improvement * Online Education * Travel *Fundraising *Insurance *Linens 'n Things * Decorating *Business Cards * Shoes & Clothes! * My Amazon Page * Jewelry* Flowers * Steve Madden Shoes *Financial Prayer * Skin Care * Fitness At Home * Sex Tip * Freebies! * Books & Magazines *Personal Breathalizer ** Shopping * Astrology * Gifts for Women * Tell a Friend about This Site <Peapod online grocery shopping and delivery- click here for $10 in FREE groceries>
Happy Easter! Hope
you get tons of Chocolate!! - Chocolate
Happy Easter! Hope you get tons of Chocolate!!Easter Shopping
- Chocolate -- Marshmallow Bunnies
,Fruit Puffs, Cinnamon Buns, Cherry Cheesecake , Easy Schmeasy Pie Crust , Creamy Delicious Peach Pie , Blueberry Tart , Cookies 'n Cream Cake , More Recipes - www.religiousjewelrystore.com (This is a great source for Religious Jewelry & information about the Saints... very interesting!)
I was in at Aidan's new School (which we looooved!) a while ago to teach the Kindergarten Kids how to make Marshmallow Bunnies. They're extra-cute (the children and the Bunnies!), so I thought I'd show you a few pictures and make a new page to let you try it at home with any small people you might know (or yourself, if you should, perhaps, have a certain yen for marshmallows and bunnies ... and some time on your hands!). It takes about 20 minutes to make the Bunnies, and the Kids love them.
Aren't these little Marshmallow Bunnies cute?? Aidan , who was 6 at the time, and I made the Sample Bunnies at home (that was our the Kitchen Island). It's fun to do wee crafty things with your Children, and they tend to remember doing stuff like this more than half the really expensive things you do with them, so if you have a bag of marshmallows kickin' around the house, try these out!
Icing Sugar (I use the Tubes of White Icing Sugar for ease...)
Food Coloring (I get the 4 Pack of Red, Yellow, Green & Blue)
Candy 'Buttons' (They're in the Cake Decorating Section in the Baking Aisleof Your Grocery Store)
Cupcake Holders or Plastic 'Eggs' that open.
1. Take Two Large Marshmallows and 'glue' them together with a blob of White Icing.
2. Take One Miniature Marshmallow and cut it in half. Squish up the top of each half so they look like Bunny Ears.
3. Set out your Food Coloring like you are going to paint a picture. I put one drop of each color (red, green, blue, and yellow) on a plate, each with it's own place. Then make a 'large drop of color' with a drop each of Red, Blue and Yellow to make the 'black' you will use for the Nose and Whiskers. You can add one drop of water onto the food coloring if you need more color. Pink is made from watered down Red, so just play with it until the color is the way you like it.
4. Using a toothpick, dip the toothpick into the Red or Pink Color and carefully fill in the inside of the miniature Marshmallow 'Ears'. Set these aside to dry.
5. Using the other side of the Toothpick, dip it into the Blue or Green Dye, and draw on a nice pair of Eyes. Then use the Black color for the Nose, Mouth and Whiskers. Draw an upside down triangle for the Nose, little 'j', backwards 'j' for the mouth, then three little whiskers on each side.
6. Put some Coconut in a baggie or a bowl, and add a few drops of Green Food Coloring. Mix well. I always use a baggie and just shake it all up -- much faster.
7. Use a small amount of Icing to attach the Candy Buttons to the Bunny's Body. If your Bunny seems unstable (and it's too late for Therapy...) add another Mianiature Marshmallow for the Tail -- just attach it using Icing.
8. Put some Icing on the Bunny's Head to stick the Ears on. Press lightly to make them stay in place.
9. Put some of the 'Coconut Grass' in the bottom of the Cupcake Paper Holder, then gently place the Bunny in his (or her) 'Nest'. Put some Jelly Beans around the Bunny so they look like Easter Eggs. Cute, eh??
10. For the 'Tiny Bunnies', follow the same instructions, only use all Miniature Marshmalls and cut the Ears from One mini-marshmallow in half, then half again (okay, quarter it...). One Thid of that tiny cut up mini-marshmallow can be used as the Tail. Open up the Plastic Egg, put in a small amount of 'Coconut Grass', the Bunny, a little more 'grass', then sprinkle on some tiny Candy Buttons. Very Pretty. (I mean you, but also, the bunnies are cute, too! ha,ha,ha!)
Live, Love & Laugh, Ailsa!
Help spread the word about my Site -- here's a new 'Tell A Friend' that my friend James made for me. He's been working away to teach me some new things for my website that I desperately need to learn to make the improvements I really want. Oh, and don't feel restricted by the whole 'Tell a Friend' thing. You don't even have to really like someone to tell them about www.buildyourownhouse.ca! What do I care? I'm just interested in loads and loads of people coming in for a visit -- maybe even buying something through the Site! And who knows??? Maybe they'll quit borrowing money from you by learning how to Manage their own money after reading my Articles! ha,ha! So here it is, and it's easy schmeasy to use!<
> Thank You!! Soon we'll be enormous! (And I don't mean just because of all the Caramel Apples, neither! ha,ha,ha!) Uh, oh... I see there's no apostrophe in the Friends Name Box -- must tell James! Rest assured ( I don't want you to lose sleep over this!), I do know it needs and 's... we'll fix it for you! See ya'! Ailsa
< >< Easter special: FREE chocolate with flower purchase at ProFlowers!> < Send tulips for Easter, for only $29.99!>
< >< Save $30! Two dozen red roses plus FREE chocolate at ProFlowers!>
< > <Easter Fruit Gifts from Mission Orchards >
White Gold Cross Pendant, Sale Price: $ 145.00><><
Diamond Lace Cross Pendant, Sale price $99.00>
Recipes * Romantic Recipes *Apple Crumble Diet Recipe - Ailsa's Scottish Diet - NEW Scottish Steak Pie! - Crab Legs - Fruit Puffs, Cinnamon Buns, Cherry Cheesecake , Easy Schmeasy Pie Crust , Creamy Delicious Peach Pie , Blueberry Tart , Cookies 'n Cream Cake , Great BBQ Marinade , Salsa Chicken , Macaroni Salad , Taco Spaghetti, 'Pass da' Pasta , Rosemary Steak, Onion Barley (an Aphrodisiac!), Crab Legs , Apple Crumble for One , Barbequed Meatballs , Barbequed Veggies, Stuffed Peppers , Chicken Noodle Soup, Soft Tacos, Marshmallow Bunnies -Easy Recipes - Tips - <Americas Best Kitchens>
Favorite Books - Ailsa's
< > Ailsa's Favorite Books
- Ailsa's Amazon.com page